Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This week's doctor visit...

We had our weekly doctor visit today. Driving has become pretty difficult due to my ginormous belly so thankfully Nick has been able to help me out and drive me to our appointments. I think we secretly are hoping that each time I will miraculously go into labor while at the hospital and so it is better if he is with me...no such luck today.

To ensure baby is still healthy and happy in this big belly we did a non-stress test which essentially mirrored our adventure last Monday. They hooked me up to a monitor that both read the babies heart rate and identified whether or not I was having contractions. Turns out I continue to have contractions (I did not need a monitor to come to this conclusion) but the baby appears to be very healthy happy, which is the most important thing.

We again all agreed that because everyone is healthy we would continue to wait for the official due date, 6/28, before making any other decisions about induction. Generally, doctors will not intervene until two weeks after the official due date; however, given the babies potential size it looks like this next Monday, 6/29, we will all sit down and "make a plan - pick a date" that this little guy will grace us with his presence. Please note, I will be adamantly against waiting until 7/4. It would be cool to have a 4th of July baby but I am advocating for Monday night at this point!!

Wish us luck and as our doctor said as we left today, "think labor!!"

1 comment:

  1. Angela - I'm thinking of you guys and wishing you all the luck these next few days, if it has not happened already! So happy and excited for you! Petra

    ReplyDelete