Friday, August 20, 2010

Weekend Warriors: #1 Cresent Bar

This next series of blogs will give you an idea of just why I haven't posted anythings for weeks. This summer has been marked with mini weekend get-aways. We are soon going to take a vacation from our vacations, but more on that early next month!!

Weekend #1 - Deven and I ditched Nick for the weekend and went to celebrate our friend Renee's birthday. I think it was our first trip out of town without him so I was pretty nervous. With Nick's help we piled almost everything we own in my Kia (yes I still drive my Kia) and we were out the door by 6:45...this was an amazing feat given that I picked Deven up, got home had dinner and packed the car...well I think its amazing anyhow! Deven fell asleep almost immediately just as I suspected he would. It was going great until about 2.5 hours into our 3 hour trip the bright lights on those big Eastern Washington Trucks started getting to him. We made it with only a minor turn around...good thing there is only really one road in that little town!! I'm not sure what I was nervous about, with help from my friends Deven was an excellent swimmer, eater, napper and sleeper. We had a blast!! Thanks for the invite Chip and Renee, can't wait to play again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment