Wednesday, January 6, 2010

6 Month Check up


Deven had his 6-month check up today and it was very successful. Deven had three shots...he pretty much hated that part but as soon as it was over and the nurse and I provided a little distraction in the form of baby babble he was all smiles again. The doctor says he is doing great and has told us to start thinking about baby proofing the house. I think we have some work to do as I look around our living room.

After a nap at home (for Deven, Sam and me) we headed out to meet my friends Shannon and Robin for lunch. Shannon had her daughter Hadley in-toe; Deven was very pleased. At one point they held hands while we all ooo'd and aaah'd. This of course distracted the love birds and we couldn't get a picture. I suspect we may have plenty of opportunities in the future!!

This was Deven's first time actually eating in a restaurant (food from home) and it was also the first time he used a high chair at a restaurant. I know it is a bit cheesy to mark these as accomplishments but it gave me the opportunity to eat with two hands again so I was very excited! Here he is just chillin' after his meal:


Deven and I had a great day together and I can't wait until I have another good excuse to hang out with our little man on a weekday!

No comments:

Post a Comment