Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Tulip Festival

















Ever since Nick and I moved to Lake Stevens (now 6 years ago) I have heard wonderful things about the Tulip Festival and just how wonderful it is. We have never had the opportunity until this year so we packed up the troops on the first of the two sunny days in April and we headed up north. Yes, that is correct, we don't live as far North as Skagit County!! We found a great little tulip farm and let Deven go nuts. He can't stop talking about Tulips now and even pretends he is driving his toy car to see the tulips - it's hilarious. We also took a short tour of La Connor, ate some artery clogging fry bread and played in a near by playground before nap time became VERY necessary!



All I can say is go early to the Festival if you can ever make it. It is totally worth it but I am not sure I would have said so if I had had to wait in the traffic we saw on our way back home. Here are some fun pictures we were able to grab while chasing Deven around the garden!!

No comments:

Post a Comment