Friday, April 6, 2012

Impromptu sleep over

I didn't think twice about the hospital letting me stay by myself with Tova on our first night and frankly was a little miffed when they said I couldn't.  Not without her being taken to the nursery except when she was hungry. Given that she had been nursing almost as much as Deven did, this didn't seem like the best way to go.  I had expertly planned for Deven to come visit us at the hospital and then Nick and Deven would go home and have a normal night with Sam.  Well thank goodness for professional nursing and hospital rules because really who was I kidding??
Tova was great, ate almost every hour (seems like she is a day time sleeper / cluster feeder right now) but this did not bode well for my exhaustion or level of pain around the incision.  Which was exactly why rational nursing staff put their foot down...albeit gently...to the irrational momma. 
So what to do with Deven at 7:30pm on a work day??  Call in reinforcements from the Burgess family and the Wright family.  Our good friend is one of the most popular teachers in town and just happens to be on spring break this week so an sudden 2 year old guest was a okay with her.  Words cannot express our gratitude! 
Of course there was Sam to think of as well...I'd already sent my sister home to tacoma thinking we didn't need her so making her drive up to LS on a work night just seemed cruel!!  Nick stopped in to check on him and we had our good friends the Wright's check in on him first thing in the morning to make sure he had not started some sort of revenge on us for our complete neglect!!
By the time nick made it back to Swedish it was after 11pm but super daddo that he is, he was able to continue to help Tova and me through the night and morning before taking off again to collect Deven.
Somehow I feel like this is just a preview of the chaos our new lives will be filled with but we did it so I guess all I can say is bring it on, we are ready...we think...

No comments:

Post a Comment