Friday, November 2, 2012

Sick Day

So I had a feeling today, well last night really, that I would need to take part of today off of work. 'Tis the season, especially in that first year of school.  Tova was not feeling well last night and Nick I took turns holding her all night (her favorite thing when there is something wrong (anything wrong)).  When I had to wake her up this morning, out of Nick's arms, she was not a happy camper.  This is pretty unusual because the morning is her favorite time of day.  I had some important meetings so I hoped for the best and took her to school.  She made it half the day.  Her teacher gave me a call after a few temperatures showing a low grade fever.  I probably could have left her there because you aren't required to get them unless it is above 100 degrees or so but per her extra needs (see above) when under the weather I decided to leave a little early and have some extra special momma/Tova time.  When I arrived one of her teacher's commented that I was really lucky I could just leave work to come get her early.  I sort of shrugged it off but said ya, I am. 

I have been thinking about her comment all day. 

I saw a bunch of people posting "Thanks Giving" blogs.  So I guess this is turning into my thanks giving blog.  I was so grateful to be able to just decide I should go get her, just email my boss and then take off.  I was so happy to be able to be the one to feed her the bottle that had just been made when I got there.  I (me, the momma) was so comforted when I comforted Tova by being able to nursing her all afternoon until she was finally filled up and ready to sleep off some of her fever.  I as so relieved when she woke up 2.5 hours later because she woke up with the gigantic smile.

For me being a parent is hard, I mean really hard.  Sometimes I think I am just too selfish to be a momma.  Can't a girl just go to the bathroom by herself?  But days like today reminded me of one of the reasons I decided to be a momma.  This little chick needed me and I was so so happy to be able to just go pick her up and provide.


Getting a little reading in before nap time.


No comments:

Post a Comment