Friday, July 5, 2013

Daddo Day (posting a month or so late)

You know a guy loves you when he pretends to be interested in Etsy just for you.  Seriously it took a good three hours for me to realize he was likely just humoring me - he was that convincing. 

Anyhow, again and again I go back to this post in 2011 and if for some reason I don't remember how great Nick is as a husband or a father this helps.  Our past year or so has been tough...I mean tough.  I think I may look back on it (oddly paralleling Tova's first year) as the top three most challenging of my life.  I'm almost positive Nick would agree.  Nick sticks with my crazy with the patients of...a saint...yes, that's the closest description. 

So other than the hugs and kisses he is attached with on a daily basis, Deven and I decided to show our undying love and gratitude for his presence in our lives by getting the man a new grill.  I had one all picked out ahead of time when Dev spilled the beans letting Nick know that we were planning to go get the grill the following week.  "Surprise daddo," is how I followed Deven's revelation! :) 

Nick and Dev did the final research and picked it up a couple weekends before father's day. We are pretty close to vegetarian eating these days (out of laziness) but I think we grilled meat 5 out of 7 days that week and the other two days we grilled veggies.  So delicious.

Thanks Daddo...Nick.  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment