Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Leavenworth

This last weekend our buddy Andrew and his lady Jeny got hitched. They live in Cashmere, which is just East of Leavenworth. Nick was in the wedding party so we decided to make a three day weekend out of it and stay in Leavenworth. Deven has been to Cashmere before to visit Andrew and Jeny but we were staying at the Lower's homestead not in a hotel so this we a new adventure. Nick and I were a little nervous given the last hotel attempt but we had confidence in our newly honed skills as "do-it-all" parents! Insert appropriate "HA!" here!! This time around we had a little more time to acclimate Deven to the new napping environment so overall I think it went a lot more smoothly.

First thing was first, after a 2.5 hour drive Deven and Momma, needed to stretch our legs and get in a snack. We have a new trick for feeding (for all you nursing moms you will understand). He is so "busy," that he can't seem to focus on eating no matter how hungry I know he has to be...so we went into the sensory deprivation chamber aka the hotel bathroom, lights off and door closed. Strange?, yes, but effective!!

While Nick ran over to Wenatchee to get his tux for the next day, Deven and I ran across the street for Momma's snack. My mission was simple - obtain pretzel with fancy mustard - but I failed due to no cash. Honestly, this day-in-age a shop that does not accept debit really just shouldn't be operating! Good ol' Starbucks, Bavarian deco and all, was therefore me though! Deven and I got some pumpkin bread, which I am happy to report he just loved and helped me eat up!

Dadda picked us up just in time to get to church for the rehursal dinner. We are super good at finding the nursery in Churches so Deven and I played with the toys while Nick freshened up on his wedding experience. Afterwards we got a cute pic of Deven and the church Tulip bed.

Deven's bed time is any where from 6:30 to 7:30 but he was able to stretch it out until about 8pm that night so we could get in some extra social time at the rehearsal dinner. Bed time came quick though and since we were in a single room Momma took one for the team and went to bed early...it was tough but somehow I was able to get through it! Nick met up with some good friends and put one down for me! Deven did really well considering we were in a hotel room and Nick and I were so proud of him! Both nights were stellar!

Naps were a little more tough for the both of us. Picture me, on the floor hiding behind the bed while Deven is standing in his portable crib just waiting for me to get off the floor and come and play with him. Nap time took about about 1.5 hours but Deven basically only slept about 1/2 hour...rough! Below is a pic, post nap awaiting mommas beer brat and homemade lemonade, de-lish! Deven helped me eat up the bun and then we got our shopping on. We decided to do it right and visit, the sauce store, the wooden toy store, the mustard store, the chocolate store and the cured meet store. Nick was helping set up for the wedding so it was our duty to ensure all taste were properly represented.


The afternoon nap went much better and I actually had to wake D man up so that we weren't late for the wedding. Here are Nick and Deven...I didn't realize until it was too late how Miami Vice Deven looked but we went with it and he was a big hit as expected! See my handsome men!

Deven had his first taste of watermelon and fresh chicken at the wedding dinner but because we didn't get in the greatest naps Deven was ready for bed time (or at least a change of scenery) around 6pm. We were able get out of there before Deven's psycho behavior was recognized as "not-cute." Here is our ever distracted little man posing before we made the 10 min drive back to Leavenworth.


Thankfully the change in scene refocused Deven and we were able to do our regular bed time routine...here he is being nutty before we entered the sensory deprivation chamber for bed-time. Once again I took one for the team and went to bed with Deven around 7pm. I am getting over a cold so honestly it was a welcome excuse to get some extra rest!



With a last stop at the local Waffle house the next morning we called our Leavenworth weekend officially over. Vacations avec Deven are definitely different but in a good way! I mean who else was going to help me shop for chocolates and eat pumpkin bread?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment