Sunday, July 4, 2010

Belated Father's Day Post

I am so late in getting this up that it is a little embarrassing but please don't let that diminish the importance! Nick deserves the best and I am so freaking glad he thinks I belong in that category. This past year...OK, this past 10 years has had its challenges but Nick is always calm, cool and collected. He has proven this over and over again as a new father. If you know me at all, you know I may have a tendency to over react, over think and perhaps over do in certain circumstances. Nick has always been by my side to listen and at the right times give me a kick in the butt. I feel so honored to be able to share this life and now share this parenting journey with him. Deven loves him almost as much as I do!!

For father's day we stayed local...which is a bit unusual for us. We hit up our local starbucks for morning coffee/soy/juice for Nick/Me/Deven respectively. After morning nap and in pure defiance of the Puget Sound weather we when on a mini hike on one of the lower Mount Pilchuck trails. I would give you the actual trail name but my better half who would know such things is snoozing on the couch and currently unavailable for a consult. Here are some picks of the family. We always let Sam off leash when its not crowded and thus could not get a still photo but these will have to do!


















After afternoon nap, the man of the day requested a walk to a lake and a hamburger. Its a good thing we live by both a lake a local burger joint. Again in defiance of the weather we strapped our pride and joy into the Bob and went for a stroll. I need to get a pic of the Burger joint...The Chick Drive In...a one room brick building with the ability to serve up all sorts of greasy burgers, fries and "fresh" berry milk shakes. Pure heaven, if you will! I am pretty sure there was a soccer game mixed in the events of the day too. So there you have it, Nick's first Father's day...a success I think.

We love you Dadda!!










No comments:

Post a Comment