Wednesday, February 22, 2012

President's Day - aka Seattle Aquarium Day

Daddo had to work and Momma was feeling the need to be OUT of the house with a crazy kiddo so we made the trek down to the Seattle Aquarium. It was about the time I noticed the 10 family deep line to pay for public parking that I realized it wasn't just Deven and I that had the day off. Either way we had nothing better to do and Deven was too stoked to see the fishy museum to care about waiting in line(s) - this is a first. Once we were able to pay for parking there was still about a half an hour wait to purchase tickets. I am not sure how he kept it together but there were only two instances of the 'momma chases toddler' game. Deven being under three was still free, score! This isn't the first time Deven has been to the museum but it will be the first time he will be able to participate in all the fun.
We made it in just in time for the first group activity which involved a huge parachute with an octopus on it. Yes, it was octopus week at the aquarium. Deven was a crab, which is a type of food that octopus love to eat...just so you know. We touched star fish and sea anemones galore. We saw huge fish, tiny fish and even sea horses. The seals, sea lions and otters were a hit but the Octopus and the scuba diver were the ultimate show stopper.
It was getting close to lunch time and Deven had requested hamburgers - I am 34 weeks pregnant so I cannot say I have any sort of will power to resist this type of request. I looked at the schedule and noticed that there was going to be a presentation in the main tank area so I asked Deven if he wanted to stay for the talk or go get hamburgers...he chose the talk...GOOD BOY!! It ended up being the only time of year they let an octopus in the main tank and the scuba diver had a speaker to talk to the kids while she was in the tank...I have to say it was pretty awesome!!
After the talk we grabbed some burgers on the Pier and had a peanut butter ice cream cone which he refused to share with me...how can I blame him honestly. When we got home he was too exhausted to resist a long nap and thus my ultimate goal was achieved. :) A great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment