Monday, May 14, 2012

Momma's Day 2012

Nick and I decided to make everyone come to our house this Mother's Day and do what seems to have evolved into one of our favourite things to do - subjecting all who enter our home with experimental recipes. 

The menu was:

1. veggie frittata (yellow onion, red and green bell pepper and zucchini) with a pesto sauce topped with goat cheese
2. German muffin pancakes with a strawberry rhubarb compote
3. roasted potatoes
4. bacon
5. sausage
6. and of course mimosas

Truthfully the German muffin pancakes was the only dish we hadn't made before but it could have been yucky so thanks to Nick's Mom and Sister as well as my Mom and Sister for giving it a go. 

Being a mom apparently means you get presents and I was treated very well.  Deven may me a surprise wood flower that I plan to take back to work with me in a few weeks.  Both Nick and my mom gave me yet another opportunity to hone my skills (or lack thereof) keeping greenery alive with beautiful hanging baskets...one for the front and one for the back.  Here's to my green thumb, let's hope this is my year!  Red roses a la Nick's mom with a beautiful new vase completed my gifts!!  The love was certainly felt for sure but perhaps the best gift I got was the 45 minutes I had all to myself (first time in weeks) when both Deven and Tova were napping and Nick was out (sorry babe).  I actually sat out on our deck in the sun, ate an apple and read a chapter of a book I have been trying to read for months.  It was pretty heavenly!!

So thanks family for a wonderful day - we missed all of you that couldn't make it but you know we will see you soon.

Pics: Deven is 34.5 months and Tova is 5.5 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment