Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tova's Two!! (part two)

The actual party on Saturday 4/5 had a stars and moon theme.  Though deco was light I think she was sufficiently wow'd.  I got those glow in the dark stickers and spattered the ceiling with them.  We blacked out the room and they glowed just enough for them to say..."oohhhhhhh!". Success!

Where there was a color there was purple as this is her favorite, since before birth. :)

For food I made dates stuffed with goat cheese, wrapped in bacon broiled.  It may sound odd but just do it, your life will be just that much better with this recipe in your life.  Then we had macaroni, bow tie and strait pasta...maybe wacky Mac too.  Nick made a roasted tomato sauce, a creamy prochuto red sauce and a basic basil pesto sauce.  I think I had some sort of salad but I can't remember now...good thing I'm writting this all down now.

As I said in the prior post I over compensated in the cake area (nick in the pasta sauce area).  The cake was a banana lemon cake.  I made strawberry compote for the filling and the frosting was blue berry lemon butter cream so it would be purple.  Banana chips on top to bring it all together.  It was a hit. Left overs went to work the next day and apparently I'm required to make this and especially the frosting at our next pot luck.  Over compensation success!!

Next stop two year check up.  Will Tova make the "healthy" weight cut?? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment