Sunday, June 10, 2012

2 month update and a check up

This week Tova turned two months old...wow...I feel like we are still getting to know each other even after what simultaneously feels like a short and long amount of time since she showed up here!  Some days are very tough because of what Nick and I can only identify as combined growth spurts (extreme hunger), being over stimulated (needing a nap asap) and not knowing how to sooth herself (no napping -anywhere- without major intervention from her parents). 

But then other days are actually really fun.  She has started to really talk now.  Cooing, gurgling and laughing out loud.  Generally (when he doesn't roar like a dinosaur in her ear) you can tell she just loves Deven.  She laughs a lot around him and they snuggled on her play mat some evenings (the good ones).  She likes to practice her standing reflex and holds her head up like a champ. 

We went in for a check up this week and Doctor Price says she is doing A-OK.  She's still top of the class for weight; such a good little eater both from me and the bottle from Nick.  I started back part-time to work this week and Nick took over for me.  He's a pro, even though I can tell some days he would prefer to be at work!!  It's almost harder to leave her then it was Deven because she has such tough days but Nick being able to help the transition to bringing her to school helps me cope.  I will be starting back full-time and Tova will be starting school the first week of July.  I'm hoping we've got a few more things figured out by then but if not I know the ladies will take really good care of her, just like they did with Dev!

These are pics from this week...thankfully these happy smiling moments are increasing every day (and night)! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment