Friday, June 1, 2012

The Dentist

So one of my goals being out on maternity leave was to get us to the dentist, well at least Deven.  

I haven't been to the dentist for a very very long time...like 10 years too long.  I decided this was a bad example and this was the year we all need to start going!
First though, why have I not gone in so long??  I hate the dentist...I know who doesn't?  I have a good reason though I swear!  Novocaine doesn't work on me. I've even had dentists drill my teeth to insert it next to my nerve and it STILL didn't work.  The next step up, not sure what its called, which is supposed to take five minutes to set is already well on its way out of my system by then.  The problem is dentists don't seem to believe me and they just keep trying.  I've had my fair share of cavities and I generally feel all the drilling...thus my severe dislike if the dentist.  I'm hoping Deven has not inherited this trait and I will not be telling him about it anytime soon.  

Yesterday I met my goal though and got Deven in...I'm signed up for the end of the month, promise!  So these pics are not good but I tried to take them quickly because even though I was being 'that mom that takes pics of her son's first trip to the dentist' I didn't want to go totally nuts and make him pose or anything.

The conclusion is that Nick and I are doing great taking care of his teeth!!  Deven let them clean and floss his teeth too!  So proud of our big boy!!
Wearing his "cool dude" sun glasses to help with the lamp they use
Holding his dentist take-a-way tote - complete with toothbrush, mouth wash and floss!

No comments:

Post a Comment