Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Deven and Tova's first soccer practice

Deven started soccer last Thursday.  Nick was working so it was just me, Deven and Tova.  I am pretty sure this was my first solo event that lasted more than 15 minutes...it was an hour to be exact.  Pretty scary stuff for this momma but I honestly didn't think about it too much ahead of time because we were is such a rush to be on time for the practice.  True to form I jam packed no less than four appointments this day.

First coffee with the girls...one last day-time ron de vue before I go back full time.  This sounds harmless but any outing more than five minutes from the house still takes some significant self discussion...i.e., "you can do this," "Tova will be OK," "it's OK if Tova is not OK"...things like that.  We went to cute little coffee house in Edmonds called the Water Front Coffee Company.  The location is great, their pastries are yummy but the coffee is only so so.  I'd go again though because there is a super fun little beach area right next to the train tracks.  Perfect for a Deven sort of outing.  Not great for Tova though...note to self: trains are very loud...babies do not appreciate trains!

Second, a drive (and thankfully a short nap for T) to Uvillage for a quick appointment.  I am shocked and awed by Tova's ability to keep it together at this point.  After a train inspired over stimulation any good public behavior is amazing.

Third, we drive all the way back home to wait for the carpet cleaners.  They gave me a four hour window...yes four hours...I never really understand why they can't give me a better more specific time frame.  Thankfully they came on the third hour and finished up at 4pm so I could pick Deven up from school timely.  Doubly thankful that the little lady slept through the entire cleaning and got in a good long nap!!


Fourth and final was Dev's practice.  I am not sure what I expected a soccer practice for 3 to 5 year olds to be like but the dream of just sitting with Tova and watching Deven listen to the coach, stand in line, wait his turn and make some awesome shots on goal quickly flew out the window.  Tova decided to extended her nap for half of the practice so I could run around making sure Deven didn't run over his new teammates and that he sort of listened to his coach.  After Tova woke up she joined me in running after her big brother so I guess it was Deven and Tova's first soccer practice.  It was pretty comical watching the three of us; I will choose not to think about what the other parents thought!!

I kept my blood pressure down for the most part, only losing it once after practice when he decided to run in the opposite direction of where our car was parked.  Both kids were alive, not crying and Deven got ALL his energy out!!  Here are some pics to memorialize this crazy crazy hour!!






No comments:

Post a Comment