Friday, June 1, 2012

Big Boy Scissors

Deven has been working sometimes hard sometimes not hard enough (according to Nick and me) at using the potty...not diapers.  It has been a tough road for our little guy but I am told I am not alone, boys just take longer?!?!?  Well I am ready...changing a real babies diaper just shows me how gross changing a three-year-olds diaper is and I am ready to be done!!!

THE Potty Chart

Last week I made Deven a potty chart. That's right, I broke out the arts and crafts for this one...glue, big girl scissors, construction paper and glitter glue!!  The game is: if he goes 10 times, not necessarily in a row, he will get a surprise.  I decided to leave all the surprises blank so he can tell me what he wants.  I would never have guessed that he would want scissors for his surprise so it is a good thing I asked.

Well he did it folks, a freakin' miracle!!  We went to target and got the scissors that very night.  His next surprise is a cup cake from the bakery!!  Apparently baked goods will get this kid movin' because he even went at school for the first time ever this week.  Wish us luck and let's hope he keeps his surprises this cheep...something tells me he will catch on soon enough though and will start raising the stakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment