Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Date Day

This is my last week of working part-time so Nick and I decided to take one of my off days and have a date day.  Our school Country Dawn was able to let us start Tova a week early so we could make this happen.  Nick and I haven't spent grown up time and/or time with just the two of us in longer than I can remember.

Our date day was bitter sweet in that it was also Tova's first day at school.  I talked myself into being OK by noting that if all hell broke lose I would be able to race right back to her as opposed to a day when I would not be able to because I was at work.  She gave her new teachers a huge smile and was not crying when we left so we drove South with optimism.

Of course we chose to head down town and make our favorite rounds.  Pastries and coffee at Le Panier, walking the Pike Market for spices, browsing Pacific Place, a quick stop at Frans, cocktails at Cutters, a visit to the map store, and lunch at Cafe Campagne.  We even tried to visit SAM but of course they are closed on Tuesdays!  No matter though, we had a blast and were so full of yummy food and treats that dinner was completely unnecessary. 

When we picked up the kiddos Deven was in a good mood and Tova was so calm and happy.  It was a perfect end to one of most relaxed days we have had in too long.

Thursday is my last day of leave with Tova, cross your fingers that it will a good one!

A couple pics from our day.

walking the pike market first thing in the morning

a cyprus marg from Cutters (peach with black rock salt)

No comments:

Post a Comment