Saturday, November 2, 2013

A simple trip out

Nick was at Husky tailgating.  The kiddos needed new jeans and long sleeve shirts for the winter.  So.  We went to the mall.  On. Our. Own.  We've definitely done this before but Tova is a little more mobile.  Deven is a little more argumentative.  Well this mama just took a big breath and we dove in.  My strategy was to hit them with an all fruit jamba juice of their choice then one store and one store only. Gap.  Of course.  Then straight to dinner in a restaurant of their choice.  Pasta it was.  The waitress knew what I needed and didn't mess around with a special glass.  We all kept it together mainly because I put away my need for them to be seated at a dinner table and the genius idea that is crap paper for a table clothe.  Though, the culmination was when we went to the inevitable last second bathroom trip and Tova's near demise by changing table collapse due big brother's climbing attempt...a WONDERFUL women told me that she'd been listening to me [whilst one of my children almost kills my other] and she thinks I'm doing a wonderful job.  I almost cried.  Cloud nine the rest of the evening. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment