Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tova is 18 months...

I mean 19.5 months.  Well she was 18 months when we went for a check up last month.  It's official.  Per our doctor, Tova is just tiny.  Not unhealthy or lacking appropriate nutrition, just a tiny girl.  She's maintained her 30th percentile in height for most of her life which leads our doctor to conclude that she's getting what she needs and she is just going to be a little girl. This brings a whole lot of relief to this already crazy mamma.  The added worry that Tova may not be getting what she needs has been an underlying worry for the past year or so...not fun. 

Since receiving the news, this last month I've finally felt ok to start weaning or at least saying, "hey pretty girl let's eat some real food first."  While I love my extended nursing relationship with my biggest fan I am ready to start being my own person again...at least as much as you can become once you are a parent.  She's not all done yet and frankly I'm quite not ready to be 100% done either but we are getting there.

Mean while this girl is teaching us the difference between boys and girls.  She loves bags, sparkles, touching/feeling anything but especially plants, dirt and blankets.  She adores Deven but is also willing to kick is butt if necessary...and it frequently is necessary.  Tova loves, I mean loves ME.  This may sound conceded but its true and I will revel in it because I'm sure it will not always be this way.  Nick is a close third only trumped by her favorite teacher Miss Marisela.  Marisela is the only other person she will allow me to leave her with without complaint. 

She still doesn't talk much but she's all over keeping up with the three of us so honestly there is probably isn't time for much discussion.  She loves going out in the stroller with Sam and me, she loves oranges, bananas and raspberries.  She dislikes getting dressed and would just assume to stay in her jammies all day (who wouldn't).  No and different inflections of the word is her favorite thing to say.  Help and milk are her favorite signs.  Purple is her favorite color and elephants and turtles are her favorite animals.  She's a girly tom boy and we just love our girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment