Sunday, November 24, 2013

Green Lake, Ballard and Tacoma

If you're ever wondering what it is we do all weekend this post will provide a little insight.  I was telling nick today was pretty much everything we usually do all week jammed in to just the one day.
We started with a quick run (or two) around green lake.  Much to Nick's dismay I signed him up for the Green Lake Gobble 5k run.  The man hasn't run in a year (per his recollection) and yet he busts out a 7:35 pace.  Check it: nick's results.  I signed up for the 10k and more than once wondered what in heck I was thinking but I held my own: angela's results.  Deven kicked 4.5 year old butt and per his recollection he won the whole thing. 

Next, we introduced grandma and grandpa Bodle and aunt Jessica to our post green lake fun run tradition.  Brunch at Hales Ales in Ballard.  Seriously people do it.  If you like beer, breakfast and coffee cake go.  Never mind the difficult location just go.  There will be no regrets.

Next, we celebrated Autumn Siebenaler's fifth birthday at the Tacoma children's museum. I remember walking to the hospital from my office only hours after she was born to make sure she and her mama were doing well.  *sigh*  I'm so thankful to have that memory of this tall, happy young lady!!

We have a pretty spectacular children's museum in Everett but the Tacoma one is pretty darn awesome.  The kiddos had a blast.  Painting, water works, tree houses, musical instruments.  Oh and cup cakes.

Finally, the grocery store.  Yes no day is complete without a visit to some market or another.  Today the main goal was a turkey to start the thawing / dinner prep process.  Going with a bbq Turkey this year.  It hasn't failed us in the past and weather is supposed to be great!  Ugh my mouth is watering already.

We drove the I5 corridor today but it was totally worth it.  A great way to kick off this holiday week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment