Saturday, November 16, 2013

Creative movement


So I'm fairly certain that if I had not be involved with dance, brought Dev to the nut cracker for the first time at 2 years old, and let him watch ballet YouTube videos, Deven would not have been interested in dance on his own.  Nature vs nurture?  Too philosophical of a discussion for this blog.  Non-the-less, last year Dev, after seeing a movie available on Netflix called First Position, asked if I would sign him up for classes.  Hmmm...me sign my kiddo up for dance...yes, I think so.
This is Deven's second year and I do think it has been really good for him.  In the least it has been a place to explore his creative side and be in a place that expects his discipline and respect.  Deven is challenging.  He is uniquely qualified to both question your desire to want to work with small children but at the same time inspire you to continue because of his genuine passion for...life. 
Who knows where he will take these lessons but I do know that he loves participating and learning how to move his body.  And I have already had my annual request to go see Clara.  I'll take it for as long at it lasts.


Deven doing angular movements with his buddy Max

Last June's show - is partner in crime, Josie. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment